An Intraocular tamponade for successful Retinal reattachment
OPTISOL Silicone Oil 1000 cSt and 5000 cSt are ultra purified Silicone Oils which leads a maximum interfacial tension and minimizes interactions between tissues, cells and endo-tamponades media.
OPTISOL Silicone Oil 1000 cSt and 5000 cSt are indicated for use as a short term tamponade for re-attachment of the Retina. In particular, for the surgical management of:
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy (PVR)
- Retinal Detachment caused by Trauma
- Traumatic Retinal Detachment
- Giant Tears
- Diabetic Traction Detachment
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Retinitis
- OPTISOL 5000 cSt is also indicated for primary use in detachments due to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) related CMV Retinitis and other Viral Infections.
Benefits of OPTISOL Silicone Oils:
Refractive Index closer to Vitreous:
- OPTISOL Silicone Oil has refractive index close to that of Vitreous so that one can see through it easily and overall less concern about patient positioning problems relative to the gases.
High Interfacial and Surface Tension:
- The high interfacial tension (although lower than that of the long acting gases) and constant volume of the Silicone Oil also make it an attractive alternative for many cases in which a long-acting tamponade is necessary.
Stable Intermolecular Forces : Helps in resisting emulsification for longer period.
Choice of Viscosity: It offers an optimum balance between easy injection and stable temporary tamponade.
OPTISOL Silicone Oil 1000 cSt - Blister containing 10 ml product in Vial/PFS with Luer-lock
OPTISOL Silicone Oil 5000 cSt - Blister containing 10 ml product in Vial/PFS with Luer-lock